top of page
The Oakridge Estate
In 1937, architect Paul R. Williams and Barbara Stanwyck, then one of Hollywood's highest paid actresses, collaborated to build a 6000 square foot Irish farmhouse on a hilltop in Northridge, California. The views were of the entire San Fernando Valley and Marwyck Ranch, her 130 acre Thoroughbred Farm, co-owned with Zeppo and Marion Marx. Jack Oakie purchased the house in 1941. It remained the Oakie family home for over six decades. Jack Oakie renamed the property Oakridge. The City of Los Angeles acquired the property in 2009. Today, the property is managed by the City of Los Angeles Department of Recreation and Parks.
In Order of Appearance
(click image for more information)
bottom of page